Purpose of the position
Strengthen the European Programming Acquisitions team with a new team member within acquisitions and coordination, focused on International coordination of opportunities within WarnerMedia, and working closely in partnership with the Acquisition and Rights Administration teams, as well as the Editorial team.
Essential job functions
- You will work closely with the European and International Acquisitions Teams as well as the European Rights Management teams supporting various projects as part of the day to day as well as with expansion to new markets.
- Drive coordination on international shared opportunities and acquisitions across the Global Warner Media HBO Max entities as well as the European Acquisition team, conducting downstream follow-ups of overview availabilities and rights alignments as required.
- Screen and evaluate content at various stages of production with regards to ratings performance, programming needs and platform requirement whilst coordinating needs and requirements across intercompany stakeholders.
- Monitor market trends, competitors in our markets as well as the international content rights market and rights holders.
- Be responsible for internal administration and communication, for example setting up rights and content overviews. Administering information flow to relevant intercompany teams and stakeholders across Warner Media International and HBO Max EMEA will be an important part of the daily tasks.
- Negotiate commercial terms with licensors (volume, license fees, rights etc.) with respect to budget and legal requirements and in close collaboration with the international teams, as assigned within the Acquisition team key account division.
- Coordinate across teams and Regions with regards to opportunities, rights alignment, availabilities, communication etc
- Supporting the Programming budget/forecast process.
- Produce deal memos and contracts working closely with the legal department
- Create purchases orders, approval requests, reconcile invoices for payment
- Setting up rights and content overviews and making sure they are kept up to date.
- As part of a dedicated Programming and acquisitions team there will also be other ad-hoc tasks and periodic projects.
- You will report to the VP of Acquisitions & Editorial and work closely with the Head of Acquisitions and Programming HBO Max EMEA, the International and European Acquisitions teams and the Rights Management Team, as well as the entire Programming team, Legal and Finance department and the Global Supply Chain teams.
- You will also work closely with the HBO Max Content Experience and Growth Marketing Teams.
- University Degree
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a similar position, in an international media company.
- Keen interest and knowledge of the TV business and understanding of the industry
- Experience working in an international environment, across continents is a plus
- Proven experience in content evaluation and script reading
Knowledge and skills
- Fluent in English – both in writing and speaking (all correspondence will be in in English)
- Good knowledge about TV/SVOD rights
- Experienced in setting up, drafting, and understanding contracts and legal documents
- Collaboration software experience is a plus
- MS Office, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player with collaborative and inclusive approach
- Strong communication skills
- Highly Organized, with a strong attention to detail while maintaining strategic overview
- Ability to multitask across a wide range of different projects
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced result driven environment
- Analytical skills
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.