WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Counsel to be part of its dynamic and agile HBO Max Global Legal team. Position will provide transactional support and legal advice for Technology, Research, Product Strategy and Innovation and Data Operations business groups, including.
- Draft and negotiate third party vendor agreements (e.g., MSAs, SOWs, POCs, NDAs, consulting agreements, etc.) across wide range of HBO Max business teams, including Technology, Research, Data Operations, Product Strategy and Innovation, Growth Marketing, Consumer Experience, Content Security, Talent Acquisition, Corporate and more.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and other transactional support for business groups including Technology, Research, Data Operations and Business Development and serve as central legal function for coordination among other legal stakeholders (e.g., Content, Distribution, Marketing) on related issues.
- Work with legal teams in Latin America, Europe, and Asia on strategic planning for HBO Max related to global technology platform, product innovation, content security and extending US agreements for global reach.
- Manage additional ad-hoc and ongoing projects for HBO Max (e.g., accessibility, intercompany structures)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required
- Admission to California or New York Bar required and bar membership must be in good standing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, business sense, and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Must be able to provide direct, plain-spoken advice to clients (no legalese) and effectively and collaboratively communicate to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Must be a problem solver who works as a business partner with clients.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.