WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Accountant for the Content & Other Revenue department.
The Content & Other Revenue team supports the domestic and international accounting activities for more than 50 ancillary revenue streams in the advertising, content, and miscellaneous revenue categories for Warner Media’s entertainment, animation, news, corporate, and sports businesses. As part of this process, the team is responsible for analyzing agreements to ensure the proper and consistent accounting treatment of revenue and related expenses across the company's different business units. Additionally, this team is responsible for talent participation reporting and analysis.
- Support Domestic and International Participations reporting.
- Prepares Domestic and International Participations submission to WB.
- Support Participations Audits.
- Supports News Digital accounting.
- Responsible for monthly journal entries.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare and/or review complex entries and supporting documentation.
- Analyze, complete and communicate detailed variance analyses.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of Global Business Services and ABS stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Review and understand revenue contract terms and conditions.
- Possess strong Excel skills and ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred.
- 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
- Revenue experience is a plus.
- Senior accountants should have advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Self-starter and work with limited direction and take full ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Detail-oriented and high energy.
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
- Technical accounting research and memo writing.
- Media industry experience.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.