Warner Bros. seeks a Director, Post Production for the Shed Media US Post Production department. Manages the day-to-day operations of the post production department and Rebel Post Facility. Tasks include but are not limited to creating and maintaining post workflows and tech specs, create schedules, determine equipment needs, advises and helps to create post budgets, hires post staff/editors, research emerging post technology, etc.
- Work with productions in determining cameras and shooting codecs, calculating shooting cards needed in the field, calculating total storage needs in the field and in post. Creating avid workflows for media being shot in the field. Projecting total storage space needs and avid user projections.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all post-production staff including Post Supervisors, Post Coordinators, Assistant Editors, PAs, Equipment Engineer, etc. including hiring Shed post staff and freelance post positions for series, pilots, and development
- Create technical specs for each production and establish the most efficient post workflows for each series.
- 4. Advise on post-production budgets for series and pilots based on network deliverables, schedule, etc. Oversee the spending and ensure shows stay within budget.
- Approve, create, and maintain offline edit post-production schedules. Supervise process from inception through delivery.
- Determine post-production equipment needs for all current and upcoming pilots and series. Track and assign owned equipment to projects. Rent equipment from 3rd party vendors, if needed.
- Research emerging production and post-production technology for remote editing workflows. Determine if the technical application is useful for Shed and develop workflows for implementation.
- Approve engineering technology on remote editing equipment needs on Z Central, VPN, and computer software to improve the remote users experience while meeting WB security needs.
- Collaborate with producers and graphics companies throughout the process of creating graphics packages for series and development projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- BA preferred
- Minimum of 7-years experience as a post production supervisor or producer required. Post Production facility experience also preferred.
- Proficiency with Macintosh, Microsoft Office and Outlook required.
- Understanding of production and post production equipment and software commonly used in reality television production.
- Proficiency with AVID and Symphony required.
- Proficiency with Davinci, and Storage DNA software preferred.
- Must be able work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Must be a forward thinker always planning ahead.
- Must be able to negotiate rates with employees and vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Must be tactful in resolving problems.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner.
- Position requires flexible hours.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.