The JobWarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Analyst, Audience Research for the Consumer Insights and Analytics department.The Senior Analyst of Audience Research will work collaboratively within a team of research professionals tasked with understanding consumer behavior and content consumption associated with HBO and HBO Max. This position will be responsible for reporting engagement across both the WarnerMedia portfolio and competitive sources leveraging both first- and third-party data sources. Analyses and insights will be utilized to drive decision making and measure performance for a range of key stakeholders including Original Programming, Strategy, Marketing, and Distribution.Candidates for this position should possess experience querying large data sets, employing strategic thinking, utilizing data visualization tools, conveying empirically supported findings, and working both independently and collaboratively within a research team and across departments.The Daily
- Analyze performance of the HBO Max platform as well as individual titles/content categories and contribute to regular reporting.
- Regularly develop and/or transform SQL queries to explore content performance and user engagement.
- Provide content consumption insights beyond standard reports to help inform strategic decisions around content acquisition/development, marketing, and scheduling.
- Generate data visualizations or dashboards for client consumption.
- Develop expertise of cross-platform measurement to guide understanding of the digital and linear roles in holistic WarnerMedia content consumption and identify any data gaps or inconsistencies.
- Employ verbal, written, and visual communication skills to effectively deliver learnings to key stakeholders.
- Responsibility for recurring and ad hoc analyses requiring deeper dives into data sets to support inquiries from leadership and other key stakeholders within the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of work experience at a media company or in a research/data analytics role.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, including query origination, optimization, troubleshooting, and joining large data sets.
- Candidate should have experience working with large data sets and an understanding of basic statistical analyses.
- Experience with data visualization tools such including Looker and Tableau; dashboard design and development skills strongly preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with ability to create and deliver compelling presentations.
- Familiarity with traditional media measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore) a plus.
- Must be able to deliver timely insights while under recurring deadline pressures and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to draw data-supported conclusions.
- A passion for media and data exploration with ability to separate true insights from noise.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.